It’s nice to meet you! Thank you for taking the time to visit my site.
I’m Rebecca Ogle, the owner of Grounded Counseling, PLLC.
I’m a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and psychotherapist providing teletherapy to Illinois residents.
My clients describe me as warm and relatable with a good sense of humor.
why “grounded counseling”?
The word “grounded” has a couple of meanings.
One of the first skills I often teach private practice clients is called “grounding,” which you can read more about here. Grounding provides a sense of safety and stability.
The word “grounded” also makes me think of “down-to-earth,” which is a good way to describe me.
- Individual Therapy for adults
- Clinical Supervision for MSW’s
- Mindfulness Training for workplaces and groups
- Freelance copywriting
social justice orientation
As a social worker, I have a responsibility to advocate for social justice according to the social work code of ethics, as well as my own personal value system.
In the therapy room, I have a duty to address the following in therapy sessions with my clients when indicated:
- cultural beliefs about mental illness and wellness
- your cultural and religious upbringing, and current relationship with them
- systemic oppression and its impact on your mental health, including…
- distinctive nature of your experiences based on intersecting identities
- role of gender socialization in expression of emotions, identity, and self-worth
I am human, imperfect, and forever in the process of unlearning. If I screw up and you have the emotional bandwidth to do so, please correct me.
I moved to Chicago after graduating from Earlham College in 2011.
My husband Lucas and I married in 2018. He is a Respiratory Therapist at Rush Hospital.
In my spare time, I play tennis, watch RuPaul’s Drag Race, and eat Ben and Jerry’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream (not a paid ad – I just love it!).